Monday, October 14, 2013

Gingham Skirt and Beautiful Sweater


Hey there! Welcome back to Modest Monday. Hope you ladies had a nice weekend. I spent mine sewing. I finished three skirts one of which I am wearing in today's post. Hopefully, I will be able to share how I made them with you this week. I really love this style of skirt and it is easy to make. I decided to use the burgundy gingham that was laying around in our fabric stores. I absolutely love the way this skirt came out. The shirt we bought a few years ago but I could never figure out what to wear with it  so until now I have never worn it. I am glad I can now.
I have taken a square of the fabric left over from my skirt and used it to make a scarf wear with it.  I just thought it would look cute.  









This week I am wearing a burgundy gingham circle skirt, a cream shirt with a lace collar, a pearl necklace, a bandanna I made to match my skirt and a pair of black high-heels. Oh, and a white cardigan sweater to finish it off but it is WAY to hot to wear.  It is quite hot today.













Shirt: Vintage Store
Skirt: I made
Shoes: Borrowed from my mom (that is the great thing about wearing the same size shoes as my mom)
Sweater: Borrowed from Grand's closet
Scarf /Bandanna: I made from a scrap of fabric from the skirt.
Jewelry: Necklace: My moms
Sunglasses: Ross (Those were mine -wink-)












Verse Of The Week: 
Psalm 27:1
The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the strength of my life;
Of whom shall I be afraid?









No comments:

Post a Comment