Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Mean Girls Turned Mean Adults

Several years ago a church friend of my moms asked us to pray for her daughter's boyfriends daughter. Several girls at her school had called her fat and wouldn't stop bullying her. So she had stopped eating. Let's face it girls know how to be mean. We know just what to say to inflict wounds that will never be seen. After all "sticks and stones may break my bones and words will never hurt me". Bones mend, but a broken spirit won't.

Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones. Proverbs 16:24

Maybe women are mean because they feel they have more to prove.  Men are physical and then most of the time they let it go.  The women default to words and they know what tears down another woman.  They use it because in tearing down another woman it lifts them up.  It is hard for me to even express what words have done to my own heart.  I can't even describe it.  Our neighbors when I was little and innocent.  Her words I have carried with me all this time.  I think I was maybe 6 and the depression, sadness, and insecurity.  I admit even today I feel those words, I hear them again and again and they have become part of me.

Check out some of our other posts: 



You Were Born For This
You Were Called To Be MORE


No comments:

Post a Comment