Thursday, June 30, 2016

Is He My Prince? - Finding A Prince In A World Filled With Fakes


Cinderella, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty- they all found their princes, their one in a million. But what about me? How do I find my prince? How do I know if He's the one?

How do I find my prince in a world full of fake? To find the real in a thousand knock-offs and pretenders? Good question. If you been reading this blog for a while you probably noticed our post Seven Ways To Know He's Not Prince Charming. In it we broke down what a prince charming does and doesn't look like, so today we are going to talk about finding him. 

Imagine a man so focused on God that the only reason he saw you is because God said "That's her". Prince Charming will never be the guy that chases everything in a skirt, that bullies people into doing something wrong, that takes pleasure in hurting others. 

Have you seen the meme floating around the internet, chase God with all your heart and if someone catches up introduce yourself. Prince charming is the guy so focused, so in tune to God- that everything else is in the background- until God makes your paths collide.

Can two people walk together without agreeing on the direction? Amos 3:3

I was at at a luncheon a few years back, and a missionary was speaking. She said something I found really interesting. Make a list of what you want, then become that list. Become what you are looking for, then you'll be drawn to the same kind of people.

Put it in His hands- don't worry about that friend who has found hers or that one who just broke up and already has a new guy. Focus on Him. Dance with Him, chase Him and when your ready He will let the perfect one take over.

Epic Mommy Adventures
Being A Wordsmith

5 comments:

  1. What a lovely, wise perspective. Am so praying for both my daughters to find princes who love the Prince of Peace with all their hearts. Stopping by from Turn It Up Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is unique advice that really might work! Stopping by from Thankful Thursdays!
    Blessings and smiles,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a mom of a teen boy. I've been praying for his wife since the day I found out he was a boy. I want him to hear the Lord when he is ready to marry. Thank you for sharing with Thankful Thursdays.

    ReplyDelete