Friday, January 23, 2015

California Trip | Day 4

Well still sick... Fun. Fun. Fun. Brianna and dad went to church with my aunts and my cousin's family. I really wanted to go, but I can't stop coughing. I have been sucking on cough drops like they are candy for the last few days. After they got back we drove down to my Uncle Steve and Aunt Kathy's. It was sad to leave... I haven't seen them in ages... but I can't wait to see Uncle Steve and Aunt Kathy.  The drive to their house was so beautiful! Because of all the rain they have been getting the mountains are all green. It reminded me of Ireland. There were so many rainbows, making me wish I could go trail riding.


Yep, no way I could sleep through this, I'll just have to stay sick. I have never seen that many in a row before. It was stunning! Mom suggested that I lean my chair back and try to take a nap. I looked between her and my window camera still in hand... No way. Way too much to see! Like a Buddhist temple, it looked like it was just dropped down from some far away country (never seen one of those before, but it was quite beautiful!) and rainbows, beautiful big rocks. Oh! and really big mountains with trails winding up them until they disappear into the clouds at the top of them. We finally got there just after dark. By this time, I was slightly wishing I would have taken that nap. Uncle Steve met us at the door and introduced us to Buddy there adorable little dog who was sitting in my cousin's lap. Aunt Kathy came out of the kitchen where she was making a huge meal and hugged us all. It was so nice to see them again!


Dad keeps teasing me that he is going to let my cousin Steve go swim with dolphins since I don't feel good. Between coughs (more like coughing fits... man I hate being sick!) I manage "Not. (hack) On. (Cough Cough) Your. (More coughing) Life." Everyone starts laughing. Aunt Kathy asks what that noise was and someone answers her that that was me (the life of the party *Wink*) coughing. She instantly sets about making my tea and calls it her special recipe.

After Dad and Uncle Steve went to bed we had a girls night with our aunt and watched a movie. She rented a dolphin movie because of our adventure tomorrow.  She gave us popcorn and we all got comfortable for the movie.

I can't wait for tomorrow! It would be nice if I could fall asleep but I can't... go figure. And we have to wake up early tomorrow. Sigh. Oh well, I guess I will be sick and half asleep playing with dolphins. Hey, the cold water should help!
 Today I am wearing a blue and green skirt, cream tank top and turquoise jacket, with a blue scarf with butterflies on it, a necklace with a C on it and starfish earrings. (and I forgot to take pictures of it so I have to use these ones I took while I was packing, hence the fact I'm holding my cat. Every time she sees a camera and me she has to be in the shot...)

Skirt: Vintage Store
Shirt: Vintage Store
Jacket: Vintage Store
Shoes: Ross
Jewelry: Necklace: I made Earrings: A gift


View Day 5 Here


No comments:

Post a Comment