Monday, February 1, 2016

Maybe We Should Be Moving Instead Of Blooming


You know the old refrain, "bloom where you are planted". That's all well and good, but what if that's not what God wants from us? What if instead of "blooming" we should be moving? Changing?

As I write this I am on Facebook chatting with an old friend. We basically grew up together. Her family moved to Africa to be missionaries a few years ago and communication has been... spotty? We haven't spoken in a little over 6 months.

I have so many memories of all of us together playing in the sun, sledding, camping out in the yard. Then slowly life pushed us in two different ways and we drifted apart. I guess you could say we grew up, changed with out realizing it at the time... Now looking back you can see just how much we have changed. But what about those times when He wants us to make a radical change? A proverbial U turn in the center of our highway.

That moment you feel the world pulling you in direction and a still small voice pulling your heart in another. I will forever remember one of my friends telling me "we are just kids, we can't do that" the that she was referring to was getting published. For a long time that sentence nagged at me, and I of course (I can't stand being told I can't do something) set out to prove that sentence wrong. Every time I hit the 'publish' button on a new blog post I can't help but smile.

Don't let the I'm just a kid hold you back if you feel Him pulling you in a different direction, follow Him. Chase Him with everything in you. Maybe the spot everyone is telling you is where you should be blooming is the exact opposite of what He has for you.



Check out It's Not About Us 

2 comments: