Saturday, October 4, 2014

Brave

You were made to be brave


-Ok, not that Brave. 

To take chances and raise the bar. You weren't made to put your light under a bushel. You were made to shine! You were made to be a reflection of Him. A few weeks ago I was looking at my Facebook and a news story came up in my feed about a local high school's cheerleading squad. They were told that instead of saying a prayer before the game as was the tradition at the school they were going to do a moment of silence. The cheerleading squad disagreed and decided to pray aloud anyway. By the end of the prayer, it was reported that everyone had joined in.

Life isn't about fitting in. 

As a Christian, you were made to stand out. 

Trust me I know it’s not always easy. It takes a lot of courage. We have to wake up every morning and choose to be brave. We have to wake up and choose that we are going to be different. A patch of color in a world of black and white. We are supposed to be in the world not of it. Which means we can’t dress or act like the world. We are supposed to be different.


We are called to be brave. 

To stand up and live our faith… Don’t be afraid to make a ripple. You never know who is watching, or whose life you will change. Live everyday bravely. Over the years as my sister and I were about to walk out the door my mom would always stop us and say "Remember who you are and who you belong to". 

In other words, don't let the world sway you from doing what you know is right. You are a child of the King! Be brave. 

No comments:

Post a Comment